Sunday, March 22, 2009

Raspberry Lemon Upside-down Cake

This weekend we had our family over for a belated St. Patrick's Day feast. Since we were having such a heavy meal, I wanted a light dessert. I found a wonderful recipe for a berry cake utilizing fresh berries and a boxed cake. Since I knew I wasn't going to have a lot of time I knew it was a great choice.

Ingredients

  • 1 package Cake mix any brand (I got a lemon cake mix, but really you could use whatever you like)
  • 3 cups Fresh raspberries (enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
  • 3/4 cup sugar (I used Splenda for Baking)
  • 1 package Raspberry jello 4 oz. size (I got the sugar-free package)
  • 2 1/2 cups Miniature marshmallows

Instructions

1. Prepare batter for favorite 2 layer cake mix, set aside
2. Grease 13 x9" baking pan (I forgot to grease the pan. I just cut around the sides and then inverted it. Since the berries are on the bottom they don't stick so all you have to worry about is the sides.
3. Cover bottom of pan with raspberries
4. Sprinkle berries with sugar
5. Sprinkle berries with jello
6. Cover berries with marshmallows
7. Pour prepared cake batter over all
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes
9. Remove from oven and immediately invert onto serving tray.
10. ENJOY!


You could also use fresh strawberries, blackberries or any other fruit you want really. The raspberry and lemon combo was so good. Everyone was raving about the cake last night. I will definitely make this again.

I forgot to take a picture, and really it didn't look all that amazing since I forgot to grease the pan. I will have to make it again and take a picture of it.

No comments: